By TDSB Trustee Anu Sriskandarajah
I am happy to share that Charlottetown Junior Public School has been selected to take part in the Traffic Safety Program for the 2022/23 school year. The program is run by Green Communities Canada and each year 15 schools out of the 583 TDSB schools are selected for it.
As part of the program, schools receive a Traffic Safety Facilitator who:
- Provides solutions in collaboration with the community.
- Conducts field studies: for example, traffic observations and travel surveys.
- Identifies infrastructure improvements and an action plan to monitor progress.
- Works with city Transportation staff to address traffic concerns around school.
- Develops and implements initiatives for active modes of school travel.
In the coming months, I will be working with the principal, superintendent, school staff and parent council as part of the program to address traffic concerns at the school.